The Northwest Reiki Association, in a unique partnership with Northwest Cancer Specialists, provides an on-going volunteer opportunity to Reiki practitioners to give Reiki to patients during their chemotherapy sessions. Northwest Cancer Specialists has six clinics in the Portland-Metro area and two in Vancouver, with a total of 40 physicians. NWRA is currently providing Reiki sessions in the St. Vincent and Rose Quarter clinics.
If you are available any weekday, Monday-Friday, between 8:30-4:00, please join our organization and participate in this innovative volunteer project. Training and insurance is required before you begin your volunteer position. Cost of training is $10 to cover your manual and ID badge.
To be eligible to attend training, the following pre-requisites must be completed:
- Have the minimum of Reiki Level II and provide a copy of your most recent Reiki certificate to NWRA.
- Be a current member of Northwest Reiki Association.
- Have practitioner’s liability insurance. For more information about affordable liability insurance contact: NWRA @ email@example.com .
- Order a NWRA official blue polo shirt.
- Commit to a minimum of 4 volunteer hours per month.
- Required trainings are scheduled once each quarter.
To pre-register for training or for more information contact: the Volunteer Coordinator, Kathryn Misetich, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more info at the following website: http://www.nwreikiassociation.org/Outreach_BNDZ.html